2014 is upon us, soon 2013 will be forgotten and new prospects will lie ahead. Have you already decided how you will keep your marketing business afloat in 2014? Delightful news! Today I am going to share 7 marketing tips for small businesses for the year ahead. With all these tips below, you can work on 1 day for a week and then put them into action to build hype for your brand.
1. Re-evaluate your budget, but make it realistic for the year ahead – There is nothing more damaging than an unrealistic budget. A lot of small business owners today praise customers and retention as some of their biggest concerns, setting minimal budget aside for marketing. When you are small business or an early stage start-up, you know how important it is, so why not create a realistic budget for your marketing for the year ahead?
2. Your website needs to be simple, but effective – Your website is like a human heart, without it, you won’t survive; it’s the central component of any business’ digital strategy. Remember, that through your website, your customers will be able to read up about your business. So don’t let your “heart” stop beating!
3. A mobile friendly website is a MUST without a doubt – Every day the number of consumers that use their mobile devices to search for a local business, increases. Don’t get stuck in ancient history with a website that is not mobile friendly, you will regret about it.
4. You have to be able to handle negative online reviews professionally and successfully – Negative reviews does not have to be seen as a bad thing, they can be seen as learning curves. For using negative reviews as learning curves, you have to stay professional and do it in a very successful manner. Online reviews are what drives your customer to invest in what you are trying to sell. If it is clear that you know how to handle negative online reviews, your good customers are more likely to stick with you. A big plus for your marketing!
5. Engage in social media on regular basis – If you are choosing social media as one way to connect with your consumers, you
have to interact with them on a regular basis, the more you interact with them, the better. What is the point of creating social media pages if you're hardly going to use it? Interact, engage, mesh and connect with your consumers as much as possible!
6. SEO – Master it, know it, do it! This is incredibly important for marketing, more so than anything else. There is no point in having a website if no one can find it. Consumers use search engines such as Google to find what they are looking for, without proper SEO you will NOT be on the radar!
7. Google Analytics – The numbers has to be your best friend. This powerful tool will tell you how many people are visiting your site, where they are from and of course which of your web resources they are browsing more often. There’s an old saying, if you can’t measure it, you can’t manage it. You want to be able to manage it, so measure it!
Now that you have read through these tips, try applying these in 2014 and see what bustle it will create when it comes to marketing for your small business. And of course, let us know how it’s going in the New Year!